On 6 November 2014 09:47, Francesc Guasch <fran...@telecos.upc.edu> wrote:
[...]
> I have a Catalan-Spanish keyboard, when I log in it is
> always in english. When I type local keys as 'ñ' or 'ç'
> I get the ';' or '\' chars instead.
>
> I check in Configuration -> language -> Language preferences
> and "Catalan" is selected, echo $LANG is ca_ES.UTF-8 but I
> get the wrong keys anyway.
>
> To solve it I select English language , apply, select
> Catalan again and it works fine.

I think I saw something similar in my configuration (en_US, en_GB and
pl_PL keyboards). It's starts with en_US, even if en_GB is selected
and indeed appears at keyboard gadget.

I think it's worth to raise a bug. I'll pay attention to such
situations to add my comments.

Thanks,
Wawrzek
--
Dr  Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański    or Wawrzek for short
  PhD in Quantum Chemistry  & MSc in Molecular Engineering