I just built e19/efl1.12 packages for debian jessie that do not require
systemd. I followed the instructions to remove systemd after installing
jessie* on the vm I compiled on and on a vm to test the results. This
does leave a couple systemd-related libraries but not systemd itself:

root@tryfromrepo:~# dpkg-query --list | grep systemd
pi  libsystemd-journal0:amd64
208-8                                  amd64        systemd journal
utility library pi  libsystemd-login0:amd64
208-8                                  amd64        systemd login
utility library ii  libsystemd0:amd64
215-7                                  amd64        systemd utility
library ii  systemd-shim
9-1                                    amd64        shim for systemd

*http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_remove_systemd_from_a_Debian_jessie/sid_installation

It runs ok on this. I have not done anything with wayland though, maybe
that is the difference?

John

--
John Holland