On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 00:27:11 +0100 Walter Rudametkin <rudamet...@gmail.com>
said:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new to enlightenment but I'm really liking it so far. Nice work.
> However, after a couple of days playing with it I have a couple of
> things I'm having trouble configuring.
>
> 1) I would like windows to be brought up on the current desktop instead
> of the view being moved to the other desktop. For example, if I'm on
> desktop 1 and I select an app in the IBar or through a shortcut (e.g.
> tomboy-->show notes) that's on desktop 4, I would like it brought up on
> current desktop. How should I configure that?

no config option. this is how e works - no options. the app window is put WHERE
you ran it. if u want it on the current desktop - run/launch it there. e does
this to keep things consistent as to where they belong. it's especially useful
for things that take a while to start like libreoffice, browsers etc. - you
launch on a desktop - then switch somewhere else.. browser comes up where you
launched it... as you'd expect, not suddenly appearing on the current desktop
due to a launch event 10 seconds ago on another desktop

> 2) I would like to make custom keyboard shortcuts to :
>      - change scaling (this is useful when I changing to a high-res
> monitor, laptop screen, or my TV especially if I'm far away)

no such action. doesn't exist.

>      - hide/show all shelves

no such action.

>      - change shelve sizes

no such action. :)

> I do this in Xfce with xfconf and in Gnome with dconf, but
> enlightenment_remote and edbus don't seem to offer the same level of
> configuration.

there just aren't any actions for what you want. what you REALLY want is not
the above. the above is a workaround. you want e to remember specific scaling
settings PER SCREEN. and per screen i literally mean that specific display
device. remember such settings based on edid. there is a slight problem at the
moment - e and elm only understand a single scaling factor. we need then to
understand multiple scale factors (one per window for example). this is on my
long todo list for "fixups for multi screen handling".

> 3) How do you scale gtk apps like deluge or nemo?

ask gtk devs/docs. sorry - no idea.

> 4) Alt-tab behavior is different and I find it weird. If you have
> multiple windows, you alt-tab to change to the next window, then you
> alt-tab once to go back to last window but it's not the one selected, a
> third window is selected instead.
> Is there any way to configure it so it works like in xfce, gnome or
> windows ?

i think its a bi-product of mouse warping causing focus changes while it warps.

> 5) Why are icons in Task different and uglier than the icons in IBar for
> the same apps ?

different bits of code hunting down the icon.

> 6) I have a transparent shelve but Task adds a small square background
> to icons too.

you mean the entire background for each task "button" - the ehole thing
including title text etc? that's just how tasks looks. it has nothing to do
with the shelf background - the task gadget has its own look like every gadget
does. your pager wont be transparent. your ibar icons wont be. your mixer won't
be etc. - same for tasks.

a bug. http://phab.enlightenment.org is there to file bugs (tasks) :)

> 8) I would like to have the entire titlebar do the same thing when
> left-clicking it instead of having just the top part of the bar resize
> and the lower part move.
> However, In Signal Binding Settings I can't set action params to do
> this. I need to set 'end' for mouse,up,1 on e.event.resize.t, but the
> params aren't editable.

that would appear to be a bug.