On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 4:10 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tols...@selfip.ru> wrote:

> Hi.  I'm upgrade old enlightenment 0.18 to latest 0.19.3 and each time then
> i'm login via entrance and enlightenment starts backlight goes to minimum.
> After i maximize it and reboot, problem appeared again and again.
> How can i debug this and fix?

I had a similar problem on my Lenovo laptop. When I opened the lid and
presumably waking up from a suspend, the screen would dim. I could brighten
it manually, but it was very annoying. I tried using xbacklight in
/etc/pm/sleep.d, but it had no effect. I did finally find a fix. I created
the file /etc/pm/sleep.d/01_backlight with this content:

#!/bin/sh
# Restore backlight setting after resume
case "$1" in
    resume|thaw)
        /bin/echo 15 >/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
    ;;
esac

Oddly, though 15 should be maximum brightness, it actually is a couple of
steps dimmer. But, it's much better than it was.

 - Les Johnson