Yikes. I just finished telling my 7-year-old that dummy-spits are not
the best way to get people to do what you'd like them to do.

Anyway ... what you've done is create a .desktop file in
~/.local/share/applications ... as noted in this thread. Next, you
need to add this to your launcher bar ( ibar ). Hit ALT + ESC
together, then type either the name you gave the app, or the path to
the app. If you don't see your app appear in the filtered list, your
.desktop file has issues. Locate it and figure out what the issue is.
If you *do* see the app, launch it, then CTRL + right-click it, and
select:

[app name] ( first item in menu ) ==> Add to IBar ==> default ( or
whatever IBar )

It should now be in your launcher.

I see now, looking at the right-click menu for IBar, that there is a
"+ Contents" item. Clicking this allows me to browse existing icons
and add them to the IBar.

Users that have been with E for a while will also know that in
~/.e/e/applications/bar/default there is a ".order" file that you can
add .desktop file names to. This was the very old way of adding icons
to the IBar.

There are lots of ways.

As for the rest of the comments, I've been using various versions of E
for the past 15 years or so. It's always been usable for me - actually
it's always been the *most* usable for me. I also appreciate the
mammoth effort in porting to Wayland - this will certainly pay off in
the long term.

Dan