On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:44:52AM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> So, you can type e, then you type right alt + e, and get é, and when you
> release right alt, do you get e again?
> If you get é forever after typing right alt once (which indeed is what I
> saw), that's a showstopper bug that will stop me from upgrading.

If I hold right alt and press e, I get "é".  If I then release right alt
and press e, I get "e".  But, if I hold right alt and press e multiple
times, the e key gets "stuck" to whichever choice I last released on.  I
can fix by getting stuck on unadorned e.

That behavior is identical under fvwm.

But - something about loading keymaps is confusing E in a bad way.
While xmodmap runs, I see no screen updates.  Each time I run xmodmap,

ERR<2190>:ecore_x lib/ecore_x/xlib/ecore_x.c:305 _ecore_x_modifiers_get() ALTGR
conflicts with other modifiers. IGNORE ALTGR

> If you were stuck with typing é even though you weren't touching the alt
> key anymore, how did you recover?

Just in case, I did "xmodmap -pke > ~/my.xmodmap" first, and then ran it
out of my history.  Only need backspace to turn that into a load. :)

Ross