heap is corrupted!??!?! should I check the physical ram? because I've
powered off the laptop a bunch of times and the error still happend (power
off was not to test WSOD)

I have placed those EINA vars in my .profile, I expect that to work,
because the packages I'm using have the xsession.destop file and I don't
think I could place the vars in there

Regarding valgrind, debug symbols and libunwind. I haven't used c debug
tools in a long LONG time, and I haven't compiled E since e18. I "could"
try, but it's going to take some (lot?) time to prepare that.

Thanks Raster for the feedback =)

El jue., 15 de jun. de 2017 a la(s) 23:30, Carsten Haitzler <
ras...@rasterman.com> escribió:

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 13:44:55 +0000 Wido <wido...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm having some random segfaults. I'm using debian testing (stretch) +
> > sparky repos. Sparky compiles the latest releases, so I'm using, at the
> > moment of this writting, elf 1.19.1-1 and e 0.21.8-1
> >
> > The hardware is a lenovo e440, with ssd disk (encrypted home), core i5,
> > intel integrated gpu (driver i915...i think. xorg.log wasn't exactly
> clear
> > on this), and I usually have 3 screens (laptpot + 2 monitors)
> >
> > I haven't detected what triggers the segfault, sometimes are 3 in half an
> > hour, sometimes nothing happens for long time. Most of the times I get
> back
> > with F1, but sometimes the white-screen-of-dead doesn't show and I have
> > restart X
> >
> > Here's a link to the .xsession-errors, with the memmap and backtrace.
> > There's nothing else in the logs (dmesg, messages, kern.log, xorg.log).
> And
> > I don't have any debug tools, as I'm just a user and not a dev :P
> >
> > https://pastebin.com/yxmeY298
>
> well that tells me "heap is corrupted and malloc is now unhappy". why - no
> idea. no info on why. somethnig has scribbled over the heap memory outside
> an
> allocation tho... to catch this you need valgrind. and valgrind will make
> everything super-slow.
>
> you COULD try setting these env vars before running e:
>
> export EINA_LOG_BACKTRACE=999
> export EINA_FREEQ_TOTAL_MAX=1024
> export EINA_FREEQ_FILL_MAX=4096
>
> now ... maybe if you also have debug symbols (you don't) and libunwind
> installed on efl compile... then you'll get backtraces for error logs
> AND...
> efl will fill freed memory with patterns and have a purgatory space with
> "to be
> freed memory on a queue" filled with other patterns... and it might give us
> more info on what is happening with a live gdb session...

> The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    ras...@rasterman.com
>
> --
Wido