On Fri, 1 May 2020 22:47:37 -0700 Marc MERLIN <marc_...@merlins.org> said:

> Since I switched to the new E, when my screen is locked, my screen is
> also off.
> Several times, I've pushed a key, and nothing, screen still off, for
> sometimes several seconds until finally it slowly fades back on and I
> can finally enter my screensaver password.
>
> I honestly don't need this slow fade in, and I think it might be making
> things worse.
> Is it possible to turn it off and only get instant screen blank and
> wakeup?

what screen is fading? desktop monitor? laptop panel? there should be no delay
for the fade-in unless there is a whole screen reconfiguration going on
(screens are being plugged/unplugged - either by lid being opened or closed or
suspend/resume sometimes having the xserver reports that the screens were
plugged/unplugged). logs will tell you if the screen was being reconfigured or
if ddc backlight was being used on desktop monitors etc.

fade time can be configured. see backlight settings. theme also will actually
draw a fade in/out too as part of the compositor canvas - this is theme
controlled.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com