On Wed, 13 May 2020 19:59:01 -0700 Ross Vandegrift <r...@kallisti.us> said:

> Hello,
>
> After some of the discussion on [1], I wanted to ask for some more info on the
> state of lua & efl.
>
> 1) It sounds like efl will be moving to lua 5.1 only and dropping support for
> 5.2.  Does it make sense to move to 5.1 sooner?
>
> 2) As far as I know, luajit on arm64 (and maybe other 64-bit arches?) is
> broken due to [2].  But Daniel said that it should work.  Is there a
> workaround I missed?
>
> Ross
>
> [1] - https://phab.enlightenment.org/T8705
> [2] - https://phab.enlightenment.org/T6406

a move back to ye olde lua vs luajit fixes lightuserdata pointer use where
there is any. luajit is more performant by a good margin. i really had hoped we
could stick to it because i wanted to use lua far more extensively for some
future things. this means i'm probably going to have to tone that down and use
it more sparsely. the work to go to ye olde lua is well underway for bindings
and pretty far on.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com