Another data point:
I've noticed this error only occurs when E is started the first time
after the computer boots. If i log out and back in again without
rebooting it doesn't. I checked with the time stamp debug output i
added, and the time from setting the timer to clearing it is then 1s.
Down from 14s! Probably because everything is already in memory?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 4:57 AM Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> as no one who reports
> the issues actually has provided detailed debug and analysis of what is going
> on.

I can certainly add a few more debug print statements... As you
pointed out, setting the timer to a larger value would avoid the error
message, but if this would help figure out a faster startup i'd rather
do that. I just need to know where, and what output you'd like to see.

Thanks,
-Conrad.