This is an odd one... I recently tried to enter a Greek letter in a
text input field and it didn't work as it should. I checked and my key
mapping was not correct.

I have the following in my ~/.xprofile:

xmodmap -e "keycode 133 = Multi_key"
xmodmap -e "keysym Multi_key = Multi_key dead_greek"

This has always worked in the past. The windows button is my compose
key, and shift-windows should let me type the next letter in Greek. To
check it wasn't a problem with my .xprofile being sourced, i typed in
a terminal:

$ xmodmap -e "keycode 133 = Multi_key dead_greek"
$ xmodmap -pk | grep 133
    133    0xff20 (Multi_key) 0xff20 (Multi_key) 0xff20 (Multi_key)
0xff20 (Multi_key)

So... xmodmap runs without error, but doesn't actually DO anything. I
tried a couple of other keymappings to make sure it wasn't just the
windows key, and none of them took.

I ran another X session with no window manager, just an xterm, and the
xmodmap commands worked as expected. I even logged into the default
Ubuntu gnome (X session, not wayland), and it worked there. The output
from the above grep is then:

   133    0xff20 (Multi_key) 0xfe8c (dead_greek) 0xff20 (Multi_key)
0xfe8c (dead_greek)

and a quick test gives the expected results.

So it appears xmodmap is not working for me, but only under
Enlightenment (0.24.1). It _used_ to work, i'm guessing this changed
with either the latest efl or enlightenment releases? I haven't had a
need for Greek characters in the last few months and didn't notice
until today. Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Conrad.