Hello,

I'm deeply impressed by your stylistic styles.
I remind of a nice man in Sheffied.....

Anyway,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] How can I get system sounds?
  Date & Time: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 09:27:06 +0100

[CH] == Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> has written:

said:

CH>  > Hello,
CH>  >
CH>  > I'm usung git efl/enlightenment on these environments;
CH>  >
[...]
CH>  >
CH>  >    PS. I've already installed xine-lib 1.2.11.

CH>  we no longer support xine. most of the above options are also defaults.
CH>  disabling gstreamer1 though has disabled emotion video support. it won't
work
CH>  at all now. so video previews in e's file manager won't work, video
wallpapers
CH>  won't work.

CH>  https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=efl-git#n65

CH>  those are the simple options i use when building the arch efl-git package.
CH>  ephysics has been disabled now by default (and no one has
CH>  complained beyond the
[...]
CH>  needed for e to make it's mixer work. this audio support in efl enables
CH>  ecore_audio lib api that allows edje (and any app using it) to make
sounds. e
CH>  will by default enable the mixer and pulseaudio support. it uses libpulse
CH>  talk to pulseaudio and what you see int he gui is what pulseaudio tells e
CH>  show (what devices exist - the volume and so on). so my guess is
pulseaudio is
CH>  not running for some reason.

Thanks!

Accordingly, I compiled the git efl.

But, no sounds ...

CH>  > With this, I chacked
CH>  >
CH>  > 1. Emixer
[...]
CH>  >
CH>  > What's wrong with me, I wonder .... (_ _?
CH>  >
CH>  > Any other Tips?
CH>  >
CH>  > Thanks.

CH>  is pulseaudio not running? pulseaudio

Certainly.
In fact, I could enjoy musics, videos, via audacious, vlc, mpd, etc.

But strangely, after installing the new efl It turn into a failure
like this;

$ systemctl --user start pulseaudio.service
Job for pulseaudio.service failed because the control process exited with error
code.
See "systemctl --user status pulseaudio.service" and "journalctl --user -xe"
for details.

Nevertheless, I can enjoy multimedias, as before.
Yes, pulseaudio daemon in running.

I've never experienced this until now.

Could you inform me of what happens?

Thanks.