Hi,

I just downloaded and built terminology-1.10.0.tar.xz to replace my old 1.6.0
installation. I am running it in a xfce environment
on a devuan beowulf. I had to abandon enlightenment as desktop environment in
favour of xfce two years ago or so, since I had some
obscure difficulties with the IntelliJ IDEA IDE running under enlightenment
then which I could only resolve by switching to XFCE,
but I kept terminology as the standard terminal, running with efl 1.24.

Now after the update I noticed that emacs does not open files anymore when
given on the command line. I always land in the scratch window,
and there is no buffer opened for the file. strace looks like the parameters
are added fine and I did not see anything suspicious, but
the file is not opened.
I then reverted to the 1.6.0 build, and there it works fine, so the behaviour
is reproducibly connected to upgrading terminology to 1.10.0
(which shows as 1.9.99 in the About box).
There is no error message, just the bell is ringing for some reason, which I
suppose means some error happened. I guess that means
some sort of terminal interaction that worked before has gone wrong. The emacs
is a standard 26.1 emacs-nox 1:26.1+1-3.2+deb10u2 amd64

Any ideas how to proceed there?

Regards
  Peter