Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] Massive log file (Was: Re: How to deter from
generaring the log file)
  Date & Time: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 23:03:47 +0930

[SL] == Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> has written:

SL>  Hi

SL>  On 7/24/22 16:40, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
SL>  > On Sun, 24 Jul 2022 10:06:28 +0900 Masaru Nomiya
<nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp> said:

[...]
MN>>> I can't understand why they are making it for wayland.

CH>> it supports doing it. it is experimental.

SL>  Yes atleast in the main repos it should be there but labeled as
SL>  experimental and the standard .desktop file should start X11, this was
SL>  broken for a while in one of the devel projects but i'm pretty sure I
SL>  fixed it so if you still see this please let me know which repo your
SL>  installing e from and which display manager you are using.

Thanks.

Now, I'm using enlightenment-0.25.3-269.3 for openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Unfortunately, the problem has not yet been solved.

The problem seems to originate from sddm, not enlightenment.
A search using the keywords Linux, sddm, black screen, many trouble
reports were shown. But no solution was found.

In my case, the problem seems to be caused by an update of plasma.

I am wondering why this problem does not occur on e16.

The other thing I wonder is that if I change sddm.conf to

-------------------------------------
[Theme]

Current=breeze-openSUSE

[X11]

ServerPath=/usr/bin/X

SessionLogFile=/home/masaru/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log

SessionDir=/usr/share/xsessions

then the empty file waykand-session.log appears instead of
xorg-session.log. On the other hand, if I set sddm.conf to

--------------------------------------
[Theme]

Current=breeze-openSUSE

[Wayland]

SessionLogFile=/home/masaru/.local/share/sddm/wayland-session.log

SessionDir=/usr/share/wayland-sessions

SessionCommand=/usr/share/sddm/scripts/wayland-session

then the logged xorg-session.log appeared instead of
wayland-session.log.

I think the solution is to change the DM, but I like sddm, so I'll do
some more research.

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛      "It should never be said that it is OK to ignore the theoretical
              as long as it becomes a tool."

                                   -- T. Mori (The original is in Japanese) --