You might look into to intercepting ports 80 and 443 (outbound) at your
firewall and routing traffic through the proxy that way. This is often
called a "forced", "inline" or "transparent" proxy, and is much harder
to bypass, as it is not done on the user's computer.
(Cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server#Transparent_proxy)

But clever students can probably still find a way around it using Tor
or similar.

Paul Kosinski

P.S. Trying to prevent people from visiting Websites they want to
visit has a long history of failures.