Hi list,

I've done a fair bit of research and managed to set up a GPO to turn
updates/telemetry/remembering passwords off, and managed to get it
mostly working.

By mostly, all the settings have stuck that I can see and an extension
(AdBlock) installed as it is supposed to but the extension is disabled.

I did find out you have to set:

pref("extensions.autoDisableScopes", 0);

in a prefs file.

I created scopes.js (later renaming it to autoconfig.js and
autoconfig-scopes.js) and tried putting them in the following directories:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\defaults\preferences
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\preferences
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\preferences

I was closing Firefox, moving the file around, renaming the file but for
some reason it is not working.

Do note I only had one file at any given time, I was renaming it to
different names and trying in different locations trying to get it to work.

Is there some fuzzy logic magic I'm missing?

Dan