On 10/8/2018 8:53 AM, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018, Robert Stallknecht wrote:

Hello,

My company, GDC Technics, has been having issues with Firefox auto updating to version 60+ for the last few weeks. When this happens our entire organization is unable to launch Java functionality in Oracle and they are unable to work.

1. Oracle recommend that java aps are run with Java Web Start, rather than
directly in a browser
https://java.com/en/download/faq/java_webstart.xml

Java Web Start has been available since Java 5, and Java 8 is the last
version which can be run in a browser.

That is not correct.  I run Java 10 in Basilisk 64 bit browser.

2. Oracle are dropping free commercial support for Java 8 in January 2019
https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/end-of-public-updates-is-a-process%2c-not-an-event
(non-free commercial and free non-commercial support will continue for two and
five years ...)

Java 9 is dead and Java 10 went EOL last month
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html

Java 10.0.2 does not expire until Nov 16.  It did not go EOL last month.

I trust that you are looking at your java strategy further ahead,
ad well as solving the immediate problem with Firefox 60.