We don’t have the homepage set via CCK2, because of the multiple Firefox
Profiles. I’m not sure what is going on here. But like I said, this is how
we’ve set default Homepages for different Firefox profiles for over 6 years and
we were able to change our Homepages if we choose to up until Firefox v68.

From: Mike Kaply <mka...@mozilla.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:35 PM
To: JUSTIAA2 <justi...@ucia.gov>
Subject: Re: [Mozilla Enterprise] FF v68.1 ESR Homepage issue

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:56 AM JUSTIAA2
<justi...@ucia.gov<mailto:justi...@ucia.gov>> wrote:
I have this in user.js.

user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "a specific url");

If I comment that preference setting out, I can change my default homepage to
lets say… “yahoo.com<http://yahoo.com>” and it sticks after closing Firefox and
bringing it back up. But, if I don’t comment it out and make a change to my
homepage, the url that I set in “browser.startup.homepage”…comes up. Prior to
v68, this wasn’t the case for us.

I'm at a loss. I just tried the exact same thing on Firefox 60 and it changes
my homepage. user.js sets the user pref, so it overrides whatever the user
sets. I don't understand why you're seeing otherwise.

We alsi use CCK2, because GPO will just not work for us due to all the
customization we do. Do you think that could be an issue? Like I said we have
over 30 different Firefox profiles and most of them have a set Default homepage
controlled via the user.js file.

What is missing from the GPO that we could add that could help?

I'm wondering if some CCK2 setting is affecting this. Are you setting any
homepage via CCK2?

Mike

Thanks,
Justin