Thx for the answers. So...

- In all cases (new versions, x32 to x64, ...) you recommend to uninstall the actual version prior to install the new one (so never updating).

- To migrate 52 to 68 I need to install first version 60. Is it possible to update the profile without user interaction or I've to install 60, wait users to open Firefox, and after that install 68? How can I do it with SCCM?

- To avoid problems with new profiles I need to set the MOZ_LEGACY_PROFILES. How do you do it with SCCM? Executing a script with a "SET MOZ_LEGACY_PROFILES=1" for example?

- Actually we use AutoConfig and I'd like to migrate to Group Policies or use policies.json.
With AutoConfig and batch scripting it's possible to detect the Firefox version and do different things depending on it (for example installing one or another extensions for compatible reasons). Is it possible with new methods?
- Before the end of the migrating process we will have some computers with version 52, others with 60 and others with 68. Which problems can I have? Do you think is it better to continue using AutoConfig before we have all computers migrated to version 68?
- Now we've the autoconfig file (mozilla.cfg) in a shared web server, so every computer load before starting. If we need to change a preference is very easy, and we only need to modify mozilla.cfg and restart Firefox. Is it not possible to have the policies.json file in a shared web server like this?

Do you think this could be a good migrating process?
1. Uninstall 52 > Install 60
2. Uninstall 60 > Install 68 x64
3. Remove AutoConfig and use GPO

Thx!

El 20/11/2019 a les 18:33, Mike Kaply ha escrit:
Yeah, definitely need to go to 60 before 68 or you will lose history/bookmarks (changes to the database).

And if you uninstall 32/reinstall 64, the directory name will be an issue unless you use Program Files (x86) for both.

I did add a GPO for LegacyProfiles for Windows only. Other platforms, you need to set the environment variable

Mike