The ESR branch of Firefox was started to provide the stability needed
for enterprise deployment. But the rapid sequence of changes in
mainstream Firefox in its pursuit of "Chromeness" -- which started well
before Quantum -- seems to have made maintaining behavioral stability
(i.e., lack of time consuming surprises) extremely difficult.

IMHO, at least.