Interesting.

I can still allow (the Ubuntu compiled version of) firefox 64bit v83.0
to show flash content.

I appear to have non-default values for the following firefox settings:

flashblock.whitelist
plugin.flash.arch                   x86_64-gcc3
plugin.flash.blockliststate         0
plugin.flash.desc Shockwave Flash   32.0 r0
plugin.flash.lastmod_hi
plugin.flash.lastmod_lo
plugin.flash.path
plugin.flash.version                32.0.0.445
plugin.state.flash                  1
plugins.flashBlock.enabled          false

(I see that Ubuntu are not shipping hte latest flash plugin v32.0.0.453 )