Thanks for your links.

I have written Microsoft several times regarding this issue but update after
update they do not fix the problem.

I assure you that my monitor is calibrated perfectly (I retouch photos all
day long) so that's definitely not the issue.

The problem is Microsoft's poor GUI design decisions. After all, we are
talking about the company that had the advantage of studying the iPod for
two years and the best they could do was the Zune?