Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:57:58 -0500
From: Mark Haslam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Call for Submissions

From: Mark Haslam, LEAD Canada, C4

PLEASE POST AND CIRCULATE WIDELY

Planet in Focus:
Toronto Environmental Film and Video Festival=20
September 28-October 1, 2001
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS AND ENTRY FORM
Planet in Focus is Canada's first annual, international environmental =
film
and video festival. Our primary mission is to promote the use of film =
and
video as catalysts for reflection, discussion and appropriate action on =
the
social and ecological health of the planet. =20

Our first festival  (Sept. 28 =96 Oct. 1, 2000) included screenings of =
46
films and videos from around the world, post-screening discussions with
filmmakers and environmentalists and panel discussions directly related =
festival themes.  Our second festival will be held in Toronto, Canada =
in
late September 2001.

Keep reading for information on how to submit your film/video for
consideration for screening at the 2001 festival:

Pour renseignements en fran=E7ais, visitez notre page d'internet:=20
www.planetinfocus.org
Para informaci=F3n en espa=F1ol, visite nuestro p=E1gina web:=20
www.planetinfocus.org

Content Criteria

Recognizing that the 'environment' is contested terrain, both as a
biophysical entity and as a philosophical frame, Planet in Focus =
invites
submissions of films and videos, in all genres, that critically examine =
the
concept of 'environment' and challenge current human/nature relations.
Special consideration will be paid to:
=95 works that push the boundaries of the accepted notions of =
'environment'
=95 works that present cultural perspectives that are under-represented =
in
Canada
=95 works that will have their world or Canadian premiere at Planet in =
Focus.

Eligibility Criteria
Entries must have a release date after 1996.
Pre-screening copies must be submitted on VHS NTSC or PAL formats. Each
entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form and the appropriate
entry fee. Multiple entries may be sent in the same package. While our
long-term goal is to include works in a variety of languages, in this =
our
second year all works submitted should be accessible to English =
speaking
audiences.=20
Entry Form
Please fill out this form completely and legibly and send it along with
your tape. (For best results copy and paste this form into a blank =
document
and then save the file. This will enable you to fill out the form and =
print
a hard copy to mail to us.)=20
English Title: ________________________________________
Title in Original Language:  ____________________________
Country of Origin:=A0______________=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Year =
completed:  ________________
Previously broadcast or screened anywhere in the world?     =
Yes=A0____=A0=A0=A0=A0No
___
If yes, indicate where and when  _________________________
Year the program was produced  __________
Program Length (H:MM:SS)  _____________________
Colour=A0=A0______=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0B&W _______
Original Program Format  _______________
Formats available for screenings (if selected)  =
___________________________

Sound: Mono=A0_____=A0=A0=A0=A0Stereo=A0=A0_____=A0=A0=A0=A0 Dolby =
_____
Aspect Ratio: =
1.33=A0=A0____=A0=A0=A01.66=A0____=A0=A0=A0=A0=A01.85=A0_____=A0=A0=A0=A0=
 Scope _____

Please submit a brief synopsis (up to 50 words) of your film/video.
Each preview tape should be labeled with title, running time and =
contact
information.

Please include press kits, publicity photographs, critical reviews,
biographies of the director, and any other material relevant to the =
film in
submission package.

Print/Tape Source (to be listed in festival catalogue):=20
Do you have a Distributor? Yes ______=A0=A0=A0=A0No  _____
Producer/Distributor:  _________________________
Tel: ________________=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Fax: _________________
Director Contact Info: