EOS-Digest schrieb:
> Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:36:28 +0900
> From: "Jim Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: EOS teleconverter info wanted
>
> I would like to buy a teleconverter for my EOS camera.
> Any comments on the following would be appreciated.
> I definitely want a 2X converter, and since not an L lens...
>
> Tokina RMC Doubler 2X -  $119.95
> Tamron 2x SP AF pro  $195.00
> Kenko Mc7 2x AF teleplus   $143.00
> Kenko Pro 300 2x   $199.95
> Kenko Mc4 2x AF teleplus     $96.00
> Vivitar 2x ser 1    $119.95
>
> Jim Davis

Hello Jim

I own a Soligor Pro 2x, which is AFAIK the same then the Kenko Pro.

I own a old Sigma 2,8/70-210 APO and a Sigma 3,5/180 Macro and for those
I wanted the TC. The Sigma TC has no AF with the old 70-210. The Canon
didn't fit. Check, if the Tamron are the same as the Kenko. The data
I've seen they might be equal.

My Soligor works with the 70-210 without problems. With the macro lens
it is interesting because it depends if I first attacht the TC to the
lens or to the body. One time the AF hunts and find nothing, the other
time it shut down AF like all lenses greater than 5.6 (My body is a Elan
II/50). Maybe it will work with a 3 but I have not the chance to test
this.

So check what you want to buy with our lenses.

Greetings from Germany
Thomas