Maybe I am the only "old timer" on this list that has never used IS but I
wonder why so many put so much stock in I.S.  I grow so very tired of
hearing about it. IS works! It has since its inception. It does a good job.
It allows a photographers at least a minimum of two stops slower shutter
speed at any given aperture. Many have said that at least four stops are
availible to a photographer in shutter speed than ever before. This is
super! Nikon only so far has one lens, and only recently available, yet so
far, it is a dud! Maybe the optics are fine but everything else lacks. Who
cares? This is a Canon list and only Canon pertains to this list. Is this a
Nikon list or a Canon list?

 If we could, let us EOS users put "pissing distance" aside and look at what
is available to us. We have the world by the b$((@ and we know it. Don't rub
it in as it only undermines us. EOS technology works and the rest of the
competition tries to keep up. That is fine for us, Agreed it is terrible for
them, but lets move on. If you have to ask who is best, then you need to
research.
    If any asks in the future, just tell them IS rocks and try out for
themselves. The verdict is  already in. Quit repeating old news.

zimmy

sorry for the attitude but enough is enough. After several years of the same
old shit, it my estimation,  the debate is over!!!

zimmy