>I have but one question, are you really going to shoot a once in a
>lifetime event with equipment you haven't used before?

>This subject was discussed earlier this year and should be in the
>archives.....

It's just a lens, and a non-IS one at that, that he wants to rent.  I was planning to
do the same later this year.

I can understand the need to be familiar with a body or how IS works if one hasn't
used them before.  But as long as you know how to zoom and how to focus, what could go
wrong?  I would think that if one was renting professional "L" series lenses, one
shouldn't have to worry about quality control or lack of sharpness at the extremes of
the zoom.  Is there something else that people should look out for?