> "Kim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ECF doesn't work in Green mode, according to the manual. What is
> manual focus assist mode?

Hi Kim,

Perhaps I missed the part about ECF not functioning in green mode.
Which page is it on? Could this be a YAUF (Yet Another Undocumented
Featuer)? :-)

Focus assist is described in the green box at the bottom of page
55 in the English manual.

When you switch your EF lens to manual focus and activate metering,
the EOS camera will indicate when an AF sensor detects focus by
beeping and flashing the AF point and the "In-focus" light in the
viewfinder.

Focus assist is not as useful as a split-image focussing screen,
but it is better than nothing. Unfortunately, focus assist only
functions with an EF or TS-E lens mounted, and will not work
with manual-focus lenses adapted to the EOS lens mount.

In green mode, my viewfinder has an ECF icon that lights up
whenever ECF is enabled. The camera seems to choose EITHER the
ECF-selected AF point OR any other point where it can find focus
OTHERWISE it just gives up and blinks the "Focus not found" light
on the bottom right.

Cheers
Julian Loke
http://eosdoc.com/