-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jaakko
Pitkäjärvi
Sent: 17 April 2001 20:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Vs: EOS 28-135 IS hood

>> I'm expecting my new 28-135 IS from B&H this week, and I'm realizing
>> that I don't think it comes with a hood, does it?  I forgot to order
>> one.  Do I need to use the proprietary hood, or can I use a generic
>> 72mm hood the I can buy locally?  I guess my only concern would be
>> vignetting at the wide end.

>The lens comes without hood normally. It's difficult to say can you use
generic hood, but I suggest Canon's own flower-shaped model. In my use it
has worked >very well and protects lens in an excellent way from watersprays
and dirt. But it's also expensive, here in Finland the price is now near US$
80, but I
>think at B&H the price is much lower.

Hi Jaakko,

Ouch!

$80.00 for a Canon lens hood :((((((((((((((((((((

Paul.

N51°18'57"
W00°46'14"