> > From: Baker, Adam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> >     I had a similar choice recently 70-200/4L, 80-200/2.8L
> > for about the same
> >     price or 70-200/2.8EX for about half the price (used).
> > I chose the latter, but
> >     my second choice would have been the 80-200. That extra
> > stop is more
> >     useful for controlling DOF than shutter speed but also
> > means the lens will
> >     still AF with a 2x TC and a cheaper body.

        HI Adam,

        What do you think of your choice then?

        Evrim

        I'm very pleased with it despite the weight and the amount
        of space it takes up in my bag. I don't seem to get the
        images I sometimes did with the 75-300 that were
        severely lacking in contrast.

        The combination of the weight making it more comfortable
        to use on a monopod than handheld and the fact that the
        reversed hood blocks the focus control so you have to
        put the hood on properly to use FTM have probably
        encouraged improved technique too.