--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Sir Douglas the Fearless" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Can you see the diffracting rings through the viewfinder?
> No

If you could, they'd almost certainly be visible in the image!

> another bit I forgot to say before
> When I was talking to the Canon reps they said the DO lenses
> were going to be rated higher than L Lenses in the lens line up

I'm looking forward to the current L series IS telephotos being
replaced by DO versions - that way I can pick up a used 500/4 IS on
the cheap!

BTW I haven't managed to get hold of a Mk.II 2x yet - I think they
are only just becoming available over here (UK).

Chris.
--
http://www.wildphotos.org