-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I've just bought a used EOS 5, which I will use together with my 28-135 IS
lens.
>With this camera-lens-combination the view finder shakes/shifts everytime I
>release the shutterbutton. I seem to remember that I have hard something
about
>this view-finder-shake syndrome on the list a while ago (can't find the
>messagers anymore, though) and since it is only anoying I thought no more
about
>it.
>But today I tried my IS lens on a colleague's brandnew EOS 5 and there is
NO
>view finder shake.
>Has Canon updated the EOS- 5 firmware to allow the camear to work propperly
with
>IS lenses, or do I have to change some settings on my camera (CF's?) in
order to
>get rid off the shake?

Bart:

Just to add to your confusion ;-)...my EOS 5 with a manufacture date of
December 2000, does not cause the IS on the 28-135 to vibrate/shake when IS
is engaged or disengaged.  However, a couple of months ago my 28-135 did in
fact do the shaking thing when (as yours) the IS was disengaging, but, I was
using an EOS 3 at the time.  It did this a few times and then quit and
hasn't repeted that anomaly since.  So...you may want to perhaps consider
the possibility of a lens issue?

Gary Russell