Mortimer Snerd wrote:

> The pin in the hot shoe that signals to the camera
> that an external flash is installed is probably stuck
> in the down position. If you very carefully tweek it
> with a toothpick and a *tiny* amount of rubbing
> alcohol (you do not want fluids in the camera
> internals), it will probably pop back up and re-enable
> the internal flash. Worked for me, anyway.

I have been away for a week so please excuse this late reply.....

The "pin" is actually a pair of switch actuators that are under the
'bracket' that holds the flash to the hot shoe.  There is a switch under
each side of the hot shoe mount.

As mentioned, if one of the switches is down the body thinks there is an
external flash attached and will not allow the built in flash to
operate.

Bob
--
                    //////