-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Herkes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Has anyone encountered this problem with the 28-135mm IS USM lens.  Just
>yesterday it started to stick when zooming from 28mm to 135mm.......

>..........................The factory service guy
>even made the comment to me that Canon did
>not do a very good job with sealing this lens.  I am not sure if he was
>just referring to the first lens I had or all of them in general.

Mike:

He may have been referring to the EF 28-135 IS lens model in general.  I
posted a while back that I was having problems with dust particles under the
front element of my 28-135.  And, slowly but surely, they seem to be
multiplying.  In contrast, I have 5 other zooms and one is the 100-400 which
displaces *lots* more air than the 28-135, and doesn't seem to be having any
dust particle issues whatsoever.  So sealing problems associated with the
28-135 would not surprise me at all.

Gary Russell