-----Original Message-----
From: Kumakichi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>I stopped by my local Ritz camera store this afternoon just to grab some
>info on the Elan 7 and ask one of there people to demonstrate the camera
for
>me.  They had no info at all that I could take with me on ANY camera.  The
>person who was helping me didn't know how to work the camera's enough to
>demonstrate it to me.

I have had similar "unfulfilling" experiences at Ritz stores.  The two local
stores in town, one of which is a larger one and actually carries the EOS 3
(they have never gotten hold of a 1v however), Nikon F5 and F100 rather than
just P&Ss, has had both the Elan 7 and 7e since last November.  They have
never gotten a shipment containing a BP-300 in though.  And when I asked
about the BP-300, the "salesperson" didn't know what I was talking about
until I explained that it was the battery pack and vertical grip for that
camera.  So anyway, I have never had the experience of holding an Elan 7
that would feel like it fits my hand.

I'm sure that point-'n-shoots, film and other odds and ends are their bread
and butter as prices on just about any model SLR are completely
non-competitive--at least 20% higher.  But then their clientele has probably
never heard of B&H or Camera World.  A Quantaray lens anyone? ;-)

Gary Russell