> Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:57:25 +0200
> From: "Daniel ROCHA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Re[4]: EOS 1D officially released!!
>
> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Daniel, thanks to you and Lars for the url, but I can't see that web
> > page, I don't know if the guilty is Netscape, but I can only see the
> > background of the web. When I try to see it there is a transfer of
> > data, it takes a little time, and if a look on "Page source" there is
> > all there, html codes and text, but my old Netscape Navigator v:4.61
> > canīt display anything. Any ideas?
>
> I can't explain that... The HTML is standard and can be seen in all
> browsers... I try to find the problem... :(
>
> Is it a virus ? Anybody know if yes ?

No, it is not. People with deactivated javascript don't see
your content because you have nothing but javascript content.
Since active content is a severe security leak, many people
have javascript deactivated or it is filtered by force in
company proxies. My two brothers are responsible for company
networks with a total of several thousand users. All active
content, be it java, javascript, flash etcetera is filtered
by firewall and proxy.

Head and background of your site are defined before the
javascript tag, which is why all browsers can render it.
Then comes the javascript stuff and the rendering bails
out. Since nimda is fortunately enough quite harmless and
Code Red has programming mistakes, both have luckily enough
not caused any local damage. Nonetheless they have badly
affected internet routing and response times.

More virusses of the same technique can be expected in the
near future, so one should be prepared to see more and more
people deactivating javascript, as they become aware of
the danger.

Sure, some colorful websites won't work then, but a true
professional proves himself in offering a variant.

--
Michael Quack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Again, this is very advanced technology. You will not see
these pictures on any other channel. (CNN live coverage)