Couple suggestions - the 28-80 that comes with your kit is not a very good
lens. They go very very cheap at Ebay. So look for another lens. Also, Elan
II's are not much mor expensive then a Rebel.

If I were to buy a camaera again, I would go to
www.KEH.com
www.adorama.com
www.bhvideo.com
www.cameta.com

These guys have good new and used inventory, and have a good reputation(not
too sure of cameta.com though). I purchased from all of these and have been
happy.. I would buy a used Elan II and a Canon 28-105. I recommend this over
the system you are purchasing. Just my 2c. oh a 50mm f.1.8 is always a good
lens, cheap and sharp.