-----Original Message-----
From: Hugo Lopes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>...........shooting vertically. So here are my questions:
>- What's the BP-E1 vs PB-E2 autonomy? Does the fact that the BP-E2
>carries 8 batteries means that it has a greater autonomy?
>- How much do they weight (batteries included)?
>- Will an EOS 3 + PB-E2 fit a Lowepro Mini-trekker backpack?
>Any help is appreciated.

Hugo:

The EOS 3 plus PB-E2 was for me, a pretty hefty and massive combination.  I
tried the BP-E1 on it and liked the size and weight much better.  When I got
a 1v, there was no question about using the battery pack (280g excluding
four AAs) as opposed to the booster (484g excluding eight AAs) on it due to
the weight of the 1v's body sans any attachments to begin with.  And, like
you, I don't need the extra fps for my shooting style.  Also the BP-E1 will
let you avoid using expensive 2CR5 lithiums exclusively but with the added
advantage of allowing you to switch over to one if the AAs give out.  And,
the BP-E1 extends the 1v's (and EOS 3's) grip just enough to give it a nicer
feel--for me.

The LowePro Mini-Trekker is what I use and the 1v (which is a little over
one millimeter taller than the EOS 3) with a BP-E1 on it, fits very nicely
with either a 70-200 f/2.8 or 100-400 IS attached to it.  Plus room at the
bottom for an extra camera body (EOS 5) without a lens attached.

The downside is that I do have to figure on doing more frequent battery
changes when using the BP-E1 due to 4 vs the 8 AAs the PB-E2 will hold.

Gary Russell