John Chennavasin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Most of the primes
> from 24mm-200mm were designed decades ago (they were probably the same
> lenses as the FD-mount lens) and the performance of these lenses are still
> very good, and better than the pro zooms that cover this range.

Good you mention this. In the Canon Lens Work II book they tell
you that nowadays the lenses are much smaller than they used to be in
FD days. The example given is the 35-105mm zoom which is indead smaller
in FD that in EF.
However all the lenses I checked: 14mm L 24mm/1.4, 50mm/1.4, 85mm/1.2
135mm/2.0 are bigger and heavier.
Plus the number of diaphragm blades is now sometimes lower.

--

Pawel Nabe                              Business: +49 / 30 / 245 54 920
PaN Super Sonic Software Service        Private:  +49 / 30 / 447 33 452