Hi there,

I'm about to take the plunge and buy a Canon D-60.  No questions about it
really, but I'll have to upgrade my old flash (430ez) to the 550ex.

When using my old 430ez off-camera with older 10s bodies, I find it performs
flawlessly.  The only reason I'm upgrading is to maintain compatibility with
the D60 body.  My questions related to the flash are as follows:

        1)On my 10s bodies, will it default to TTL and function as well as the 430?
        2)I've seen a number of complaints about the ETTL system/this flash not
being
          consistent with proper exposures...is this a continuing problem/old news?

I've not seen the 70-200f4L lens, but the reviews I've found have all been
extremely positive, especially compared to the 70-200f2.8L overall.  The
other option I've considered is the 200f2.8.  Any comments are appreciated.

If I do go with the 70-200f4L, I've been trying to figure out which Tripod
collar it needs...will the 200f2.8 work on it (as I've read somewhere)?

A final question....what lens are you folks using/recommending at the wide
end for the d30/60's?  I'd like something at least equivalent to 24mm(in
35mm terms).

Thanks muchly,

David Piercey