I agree that digital will be taking over sooner or later.  But,
personally, I wouldn't worry about the obsolescence of the EF lens line.
There are a lot of EF lenses out there, and Canon probably wouldn't just
abandon them (but didn't people say the same thing about FD lenses?  ;-)

Seriously though, to an amateur like me, even if Canon went to a new
lens format, there is still a large second-hand market for EF lenses.
Plus your EF lenses won't all of a sudden stop working the second Canon
comes out with a different lens format.  I wouldn't hesistate to buy new
EF lenses, were I to have the money to do so.