Greetings group,

Today I received my 28-70mm f/2.8L lens.  What a beautifully made lens.  I
popped it onto the EOS30 body and noticed that the AF speed is not as fast
as my 70-200mm f/2.8L (non IS) lens.  Not that it was slow, but the longer
lens definitely seems slightly faster.  I'm sure there are a number of you
who have these two exact lenses.  Can you tell me if that's to be expected
of the 28-70 to be slightly slower in the USM speed compared to the 70-200
lens?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrance Lee
L collector!  ;)