Vlad SOARE wrote:
>Yes, it works today exactly as well as it worked then. It's just that
>our idea of "well" has changed over the years. Ten years ago I would
>have been very satisfied with the 650, but today I wouldn't buy one.

This really depends on what you are photographing. If I'm taking photos of
birds, or macro shots with flash, I use my EOS 3. But for landscapes and
other subjects that do not require flash, faster autofocus or high rates of
frames per second, I still sometimes use my EOS 650 or my EOS 630 (usually
if I don't want to load a different speed film in my EOS 3). The older
cameras are equally good tools for the job, because they take the same
lenses and the same film. Improvements in film camera bodies have been
relatively minor for many years now. However, each generation of digital
camera is a big improvement over the previous generation, so the reasons
for upgrading digital cameras are more compelling.

Vlad SOARE wrote:
>It's all psychology. This is not caused by advertising. This desire of having
>always the newst and best product(s) is already in the human nature,
>advertising just takes advantage it.

Many people do not desire the latest and greatest, so we probably can't use
human nature to explain this.

Gerry