If this has already been posted, I apologize for the redundancy.

I had signed up on the B&H website to be notified by email as soon as they
got the 24-70L in stock.

Tonight I was sitting in front of my computer when the email arrived saying
they had it in stock. The message contained a link to the product page for
the lens, which I clicked on as soon as I realized what I was reading. I
have fast DSL, the page came up in less than 3 seconds, no dialing involved,
etc.

The product page said "In stock". I clicked on the "add to cart" button, and
etc. etc.  I have an account set up so all I had to do was type in my credit
card number and expiration date to complete the order.

Anyway, long story short, when I clicked on the "Finalize Order" button,
which couldn't have been more than FORTY-FIVE SECONDS after I first received
the EMAIL, I got a page that said "THERE ARE NO ITEMS IN YOUR CART. THE LENS
HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUR CART BECAUSE IT IS NO LONGER IN STOCK."

I went back to the email message, clicked on the product page link, and sure
enough...out of stock.

Congratulations to the 60 or 70 of you who reacted a few seconds faster than
me. :-)

--Ken S.