> > Does one need to know the focal length or the focussing distance for
> > in camera IS? Or both?
>
> In hindsight, I don't think even focal length, since IS keeps on
> working happily with a teleconverter, be it EOS or the Canon videocam-
> converter....

In that case the IS is being applied before the TC so no correction may be expected.
At the film plane double the correction would be needed for the same angular movement
with a 2x TC. There is however no difference to the translational correction. We still
don't know exactly which axes the different IS systems correct in.

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.