> I'm thinking a good way to get into DSLRs might be to buy a
> second hand D60...Is there anything that's  going to drive
> me nuts?

I recently sold my D60 on eBay. It's capable of taking great images. The
thing that drove me nuts was its poor integration with the E-TTL flash
system, including its own built-in pop-up E-TTL flash. This was a subject of
contention during the D60's entire market life. Some people said E-TTL flash
in general sucks anyway and never works reliably. Some people say there's no
problem, just get used to using FEL or FEC or whatever on the D60.

But I'm a 1v owner who is used to having E-TTL flash "just work" and deliver
spot-on lighting under the great majority of circumstances, including
multi-flash wireless circumstances. To me, the D60's ludicrous 1.5-2 stop
flash exposure unpredictability was far from acceptable.

But as I said, some argued that it was the photographer, not the camera,
causing the problem.

When you're working with it outdoors using natural light, or in a metered,
predictable flash situation, it's still tough to beat in terms of image
quality. So as always it depends on how you use it most of the time.

--Ken S.