On 27/3/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] discumbobulated:

>I'm thinking a good way to get into DSLRs might be to buy a second hand
>D60.  I'm going to go read the in-depth review at dpreview, but does anyone
>want to mention any pros or cons?   Is there anything that's going to drive
>me nuts?
>
>Ken

I have run a D60 from new and it has served very well - never missed a
beat in 18 months so far.

Many complain of the flash. I use a 420 EX and when using direct, it
needs tweaking by a stop or so. However, I mostly use flash indoors and
bounced, and when I use Program metering I don't have any problems at all...

One thing that would make me opt for the 10D would be the ability to zoom
right in on the LCD to check focus. The D60 only goes in 'one stage' and
it is not enough.

That said, I have no intentions of selling it. Backup body to an eventual
1D....

HTH

Cheers,
  Cotty