On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 05:35:51PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Well, this is what I need from my camera:
> - 8.2 megapixel+

Yep.

> - 1.3x factor (gives a better quality than 1.6x because of the size
> of the sensor)

I'd like that, but more for wide angle than quality reasons.
Yet, a _good_ really-wide-angle zoom would make 1.6x more
tolerable though; if the 10-22 turns to be good enough,
it will make the 20D very tempting.

I can't help wondering if the 1.3x factor has much future, though.
At the moment a wide-angle shooter would be better off with either
300D/20D+EFS10-22 or 1Ds+16-35 than with 1DmkII with any lens, and I
really don't think Canon will introduce yet another lens mount or
otherwise lenses that only cover the 1.3x crop.

> - ECF (please, please, please!!!!)

Not critical for me even though I liked that in EOS 5 and 3.

> - Light weather sealing as per EOS-3

Yes. I'd gladly give up the built-in flash for that.
Indeed I'd be willing to pay extra for the heavy-duty
weather sealing of 1 series.

> - Batteries as per EOS-1D

Nope, I'd prefer same (or compatible) batteries as 10D &co.
In particular I *don't* want non-removable vertical handle.

> - Fast AF system as per EOS-3

Yes!! How good the 20D really is remains to be seen, but
at least it can't handle f/8.

> - Interchangeable focusing screens

Don't care much about that one.

Other stuff from my wish list:

- Faster CF writing (20D may satisfy this)

- Longer bursts _with RAW mode_ (I always shoot raw).

I would also like spot metering, but that's not critical
with digital when bracketing costs nothing, as someone
already noted. There are still situations where it'd
be nice to have.

--
Tapani Tarvainen