Hi all,
I'm a lurking member, but this time I will (hopefully) start a new thread.

I've always loved infrared shoots and, with the digital revolution, it also become something I can do.
So I went out shooting with an Infrared filter on. What I discovered is that IR is really funny!!! (and that I need some other lense(s) :)

Lately (just yesterday) I also discovered that who's called channel shifting ( I didn't manage yet to have a good pic using this techinque ) and playing with some tools (I mean some GIMP tools) I've discovered the "middle grey" selection.
An example is here:

Maybe it is a little bit dim (my monitor isn't that good).

Does someone of you also shoot IR with digital?
What have you learned so far?
Which gear/lenses do you use?

I own a 300D, that works good for this. It just missed the MLU, but that was before tha hacked firmware was released.
I own alse 3 lenses:
- canon EF II 50 1.8 (works goos in IR)
- canon EF-s 18-55 ( bad for IR)
- sigma 70-300 4-5.6 APO II (good for IR, but way too long, usually)

I'm planning to buy a 28mm just for IR shooting (and of course for anytime I'll need it).
Does someone have some experience with that lens shooting IR or normal photos? what do you think of it?

Ok I'm stopping here, if someone is interested we can go on with technical details for shooting and post-processing techniques.

Ciao,
Danilo.