Hello,

Tuesday, November 2, 2004, 5:41:38 AM, Jay wrote:

> BTW, I didn't know this until I bought an expensive 77mm 87 infrared filter
> and found my 10D photos looking like dull low contrast non-infrared B&W
> photos.  I was disappointed because I had gotten such good results with a
> smaller 87 filter on my G-1.  I then researched info on the web about
> digital infrared capable cameras.

Last year I conducted a test together with a friend to find out the
IR-capabilities of the Canon 10D. The weather was cloudy but the sun
was shining from time to time. We used my 50mm/f1.8 and tested two
different filters, my friend's Hoya 72R and my Wratten 87 equivalent
Lee polyester filter.
The camera was set to ISO 200, f5.6 and 2 s exposure, time was around
16:00.

Conclusion: The photos turned out quite well, but I have to admit that
the sky isn't as black as it is on IR film. I can't remember if the
sky was blue with some clouds or if it was more overcast although I
believe the former.

Here is the photo with the Wratten 87:
http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/display/529084

And here the result with the Hoya 72R: