Gary Lim wrote:

I have 20-35 f2.8 on my 20D and I totally love it.  It's not as wide as
17-40 f4 but one stop faster.

In terms of the angle of view, I find it sufficient for most uses and use it
very often on trips (50% - 60% of the time) For anything wider, I just use
my 15mm. :)

Gary,

Unfortunately, for me, you have the old 'L' lens, which I have many good reports about.
Optically it is supposed to be better than the 17-35, and probably 16-35, L lenses.
I have the current non L USM which is still a very good lens for film but I don't know about for digital.

Cheers

Keith